Share on Facebook


Vape Pen Exploded In This Kid’s Pocket And Severely Burned His Leg!

By Ace Nichols
March 1, 2016

A 17-year-old boy, Marcus Forzani, suffered from third-degree burns when his vape pen exploded in his pocket while he was in class in Colorado.


Apparently, the device exploded once Marcus removed the battery from the vape pen and placed it in his pocket. Somehow, the battery ignited and left Marcus with second and third degree burns covering areas from his thigh to his calf.


Marcus was taken to the Burn and Reconstruction Center of Colorado at Swedish Medical Center, where he has already gone through two surgeries and may have another one coming up.

“In the past six months, we’ve seen an increase in the number of burn patients, as well as dramatic injury patients, in relation to electronic cigarettes and battery-operated vapor devices,” plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Tanya Oswald told KDVR.

In 2014, several burn victims have been reported to the U.S. Fire Administration due to the failure of lithium-ion batteries in the vaping devices.


Marcus and his father are now spreading the word and sharing his story in hopes to warn others about the potential risks that come from using these devices.


SHARE this story with your friends and family on Facebook to spread the word.

Want More Life Hacks & Tips? LIKE us on Facebook!

Already do