Share on Facebook


THIS Is Why You Should Never Let Your Dog Lick Your Mouth

By Karly Carpena
October 26, 2016


Most people think it is cute to give their dog a big wet kiss on the lips, but what if I told you that it could literally kill you? That’s right.


“It is not just what is carried in saliva. Dogs spend half their life with their noses in nasty corners or hovering over dog droppings so their muzzles are full of bacteria, viruses and germs of all sorts.” Basically, your dog’s mouth is disgusting and can pass diseases onto you through dog kisses…Like Capnocytophaga Canimorsus: This one’s really bad. How bad? This man was told by his doctor that his capnocytophaga canimorsus infection was caused by a dog licking his open wound.


Ringworm infection: A ringworm infection is one of the easiest diseases for your dog to pass onto you from smooching. If the ringworm bacteria is around their mouth and you engage in kissing, bam. Ringworm for you too.


MRSA: MRSA infection in humans, which produce lesions like the unsightly one above, can be caused by as little as one lick from your dog. Dogs can carry around this bacteria with very little effect on their own health but when an owner comes into contact with it.


Staphylococcus Aureus: Staphylococcus aureus is similar to MRSA. Similar bacteria (which can be found in Fido’s mouth) cause it but that bacteria is not as resistant to treatment.

Are you going to catch a disease from your dog that leaves you with one foot and disfigured hands? Probably not. But are you going to take the chance? Seriously, avoid those kisses. Make sure to SHARE this information with friends on Facebook!