Share on Facebook


Doctors Urge People To Get Rid Of Their Bristle BBQ Brushes

By Karly Carpena
September 6, 2016

Most likely, you and your family had a BBQ this Labor Day weekend. But did you know that the bristle BBQ brushes are causing many people to go to the emergency room – for a reason you wouldn’t ever think!


The bristle BBQ brushes are a common item around the family barbecue, but surgeons are sounding the alarm to warn the public of a little-known danger that they are seeing with increasing frequency.


The issue came up at the annual meeting of Canadian Society of Otolaryngology (otolaryngologists are physicians trained in to treat diseases and disorders of the ear, nose, throat) because of the challenges posed to the surgeons. “None of us have figured out a surefire way to get rid of them, so we’d prefer just to prevent it from happening in the first place,” Dempsey said. In the city of Halifax, Dempsey says they see at least one or two cases each week.


Want to know why these wire brushes are causing sever injuries and even death? Flip over the the next page to continue reading the story…