This is a fantastic DIY project for landscapers and gardeners everywhere! Thanks to The Garden Glove, you can build your own contemporary garden water feature for less than $30! Crazy, right?
Normally, installing a pond with any water features in a garden will be super complicated, and not to mention – very expensive. This DIY project keeps things easy and cheap with only a handful of supplies needed and simple instructions.
What you need to get started:
- Rubbermaid storage container that holds water in
- A couple of concrete pavers (varies based on size of container)
- Fountain pump (or a solar-powered pump)
- Plant tolerant of water
- Rocks and stones (based on whatever design you prefer)
Here are the instructions:
1. Find the best location for your garden pond.
You’ll want to find a spot that is clear from electric and gas lines, has good sunlight and adequate space for your container. Also, if you don’t have power nearby, think about getting a solar-powered fountain pump.
2. Add your rocks.
Easy enough! The rocks will anchor the fountain pump in place.
3. Place the pavers down.
Along with some rocks and stones, the pavers can be used to cover any cords or things you want out of sight. Place the flat pavers around the outside edges of the container to cover it.
4. Place some stones or rocks for design and looks to your preference.
5. Use some rocks to cover the water plant container to secure it into it’s desired location.
6. Final step.
Fill your new pond up with water and adjust the water pump to your preferred settings.
Your end result should look something like this!
One last tip from The Garden Glove in terms of maintenance, “Clean your water feature on a regular basis, and use an algae inhibitor available at your home improvement store where they sell pond supplies.”
You’re all done!
SHARE this awesome DIY idea with your friends and family on Facebook!