– If the person onboard the flight is having a stroke or a heart attack for example, they plane will divert to the closest airport for medical attention, even though a passenger has no vital signs.
– If the passenger has already been declared dead, they will move the deceased passenger to an empty seat in first class/business class, or brought to a crew rest area and laid down and covered.
– If there is no space available, the crew will try to cover up the dead passenger.
– Depending on the cause of death, passengers may be detained for a short period of time upon landing while officials deal with the situation.
– A few airlines do maintain body bags on board.