1The weather lately has been all over the place, but some people are starting experience some serious heat!
With the summer months ahead and temperatures rising fast, my favorite thing to do is cool down in a pool. But it’s actually the water that can pose a serious threat, especially to children…
2On a hot day, Dominique Woodger of Arizona wanted to have some fun in the sun with her 9-month-old son. She brought out an inflatable pool and grabbed the garden hose.
3She then sprayed him with water to cool him off while filling up the pool. But she never expected that was the worst idea she could have. Within seconds her son was screaming in pain!
4She didn’t think anything of it and thought he was just playing as the water was rushing onto his body. When she saw red marks all over his body, she knew something wasn’t right…
5“All of it was peeling. He had blisters all over the right side,” the horrified mother said, according to KTLA.
She quickly shut off the water source and realized she had just drenched her baby in scalding hot water that had badly burned his skin.
6Because it was 115 degrees out that day, the water in the hose had boiled up to a scorching 150 degrees! She had no idea at the time, but her son had 2nd degree burns all over his body.
7Fortunately he is going to make a full recovery. But parents everywhere need to understand these dangers:
“Just be careful. Just touch the water before you spray — before you let your kids near it,” she said.