Share on Facebook


Mom Sits Her Son In A Grocery Cart, The Next Day He Is Fighting For His Life

By Karly Carpena
September 29, 2016

Vivienne Wardrop had no idea that a routine visit to the grocery store would turn into her worst nightmare!


“I hadn’t been anywhere with him in a week, so doctors advised that’s the only place he could have got it,” Wardrop told The Goldcoast Bulletin. 24 hours after going to the store, her son became dangerously ill. “He had diarrhea everywhere,” she said. “I was trying to give him a bottle and he was vomiting.”


After a series of blood tests Logan was diagnosed with adenovirus, rotavirus, salmonella poisoning and meningitis. Fortunately, Logan is on the road to recovery after nearly two weeks in the hospital.


“My 10 month old woke up the next morning so sick. Took him to hospital and he ended up in intensive care for 8 days. He ended up catching adenovirus, rotavirus, salmonella poisoning and got meningitis because of the strain on his body.”


But Wardrop wants to warn other parents against using baby seats in trolley [or shopping cart] without wiping down or using a blanket. “Didn’t even think about it just popped him in and did a quick shop. I hadn’t been anywhere with him in a week so doctors advised only place he could of gotten it.”


“Ended up with a central line as his veins were collapsing due to severe dehydration. He was in hospital for a total of 10 days and will still take another week or 2 to fully recover. So please be careful I never thought something like this could happen.”