Brought to you by “The Bounce Back” staring Shemar Moore.
Depression is one of the most debilitating diseases to deal with. It will make you feel hopeless, helpless and alone and as if nothing can make these feelings go away. It’s one of the most difficult diseases to live with, completely engulfs your day-to-day life and it can also affect the relationships with the people closest to you.
A Los Angeles man and engineer, Tim Murphy, decided to surprise his wife Molly with a love note. Molly suffers from depression and upon returning from a trip to San Francisco, she was feeling down and out. When she entered her room, she noticed a list written on her mirror by her husband Tim.
Molly posted the photo to Imgur and said, “It may just be a few words on my mirror, but I’ll look at them when I wake up and know I’m not alone. I’ll know I have my best friend, my co-pilot in life to help guide me through.”
She goes on to say, “I’m not saying mental illness is cured by nice words on a mirror,” write Molly on Imgur. “In fact, it takes professional care, love, empathy, sometimes even medication just to cope. Many people struggle with it mental illness – more than we probably even realize….show them kindness and remind them things can and WILL get better. Everyone needs a little help sometimes. If that person can’t be you – see if you have any resources for therapy.”
The list says:
1. she is my best friend
2. she never quits on herself or me
3. she gives me time to work on my crazy projects
4. she makes me laugh, everyday
5. she is gorgeous
6. she accepts the crazy person i am
7. she’s the kindest person i know
8. she’s got a beautiful singing voice
9. she’s gone to a strip club with me
10. she has experienced severe tragedy yet is the most optimistic person about humanity i know
11. she has been fully supportive about my career choices and followed me each time
12. without realizing it, she makes me want to do more for her than i have ever wanted to do for anyone
13. she’s done an amazing job at advancing her career path
14. small animals make her cry
15. she snorts when she laughs
It just goes to show that even when you think you’re doing something small for someone who’s dealing with pain, you may actually be doing something huge that will help them tremendously.
SHARE this beautiful story with your friends and family on Facebook.