Share on Facebook

CONTINUE >

Family Dies In The Car While Dad Shovels Snow. I Had No Idea THIS Was Possible…

By Karly Carpena
January 28, 2016

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 11.24.16 AM

Because of a large winter storm the previous night, a mother and her two young children, aged 1 and 3, sat inside the car to warm up while cleared out all the snow around the vehicle. What the dad didn’t realize is that the snow was piled so high that it was clogging the tailpipe, pushing deadly carbon monoxide gas into the car.

Within minutes, the mother and their 1-year-old were dead, while their 3-year-old remains in critical condition, with her chance of survival low.

Carbon monoxide is referred to as the “silent killer” as it is colorless, odorless, tasteless — causing people to lose consciousness within minutes.

From 1999 through 2010, more than 5,100 people died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

To prevent this from happening to your family, make sure to remove snow from the car’s exhaust pipe before turning the car on (Especially with family members inside).

Source: Washington Post