Share on Facebook

CONTINUE >

She Came Running Downstairs Screaming In Pain. When She Told Her Mom The Cause? BE WARNED!

By Ace Nichols
March 2, 2016

Just about everyone owns a cell phone these days, including some young children and teens. Cell phones are all made differently and some can have problems that cause painful injuries you would never expect!

neck-ouch

Recently, a 13-year-old girl living in Chicago with her family, contracted second degree burns from using her cell phone. Gabbie was given a T-Mobile LG d500 phone for Christmas and one day while she was using it, her mom Jackie heard screams coming from upstairs. When she got to Gabbie she saw that the phone had burned her neck badly.

Apparently, Gabbie was using her cell phone while it was plugged into the charger connected to a wall outlet. The charger came into contact with the necklace she was wearing and transmitted an electrical current around her neck, which severely burned her.

“She came running downstairs after it happened grabbing her neck,” Jackie said. “She was in so much pain she was screaming hysterically.”

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 3.18.01 PM

In most cases, injuries from cell phones come from the lithium ion batteries overheating, so this was a rare case.

Gabbie’s phone was purchased brand new from a T-Mobile store and Jackie contacted both LG and T-Mobile about the situation. With no response from LG, T-Mobile offered to pay for Gabbie’s medical bills from the incident, along with providing her with a new phone. They also asked for Jackie to send them the defected phone back to the store for testing.

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 3.23.49 PM

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 3.24.24 PM

Jackie has taken to social media to tell Gabbie’s story and warn others of the potential dangers that could occur in a similar situation. She hopes it will encourage others to use extra caution when using their cellular devices.

SHARE this story with your friends and family on Facebook to spread the word.