Monique Ruppel, mother to baby Celia, heard her baby crying in the middle of the night. Little did she know at the time that baby Celia would be saving her family’s life by waking them up that night.
At about 3am, Monique heard Celia crying for the second time that night, which was unusual for her because she usually only wakes up once during the night. She went over to Celia’s room and before she got there she was overwhelmed by a feeling of vertigo. Something was definitely wrong.
She was nauseated, had a headache and her eyes were burning, and her husband Kyle was feeling the same way at the time. Monique recalls beginning to pack a bag to leave after they called Kyle’s parents to come and pick them up. Celia began vomiting and not long after that, the couple’s cat and Kyle himself collapsed to the ground. Somebody called 911 and the whole family were taken to the hospital where they were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Celia waking her parents up that night by crying saved her whole family from what could have been a very tragic event. Monique posted the story to her Facebook page and closed with, “We often wished she would sleep through the night but we do not feel that way any more.”
SHARE this story with your friends and family on Facebook!